My afternoon train reading:
• What is the value-added of managers – and the all too common mistake of confusing charisma with management skills: Football’s best managers (FT.com) see also Weaning Off ‘Alternative’ Investments (WSJ)
• The Baltic Dry Meltdown Continues (WSJ)
• Are Companies More Powerful Than Countries? (Time)
• U.S. Stocks in Longest Valuation Slump Since Nixon (Bloomberg)
• ROBERT SHILLER: A Housing Bottom? What Are They Thinking? (Business Insider)
• The Yin and the Yang of Corporate Innovation (NYT)
• Wealth can be a political burden (Washington Post) see also How Romney’s Tax Rate Stacks Up To Recent Presidential Candidates’ (TPM)
• NYT Goes Deeper on Chinese Apple Factory Working Conditions: Human Costs Are Built Into an iPad (NYT)
• Fighting Bullshit (MOJO: Parts 1 and Part 2)
• Hilarious Tumblr blog: Newt Gingrich Judges You (Newt Gingrich Judges You)
What are you reading?
2009 low vs 1974
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.