My reads to start your week:
• China’s First Trade Contraction in Two Years Adds Growth Concern (Bloomberg)
• Is the $25 Billion Foreclosure Settlement a Stealth Bank Bailout? (Time)
• Ex-Apple and AIG earnings, Q4 S&P 500 earnings growth falls from 5.5% to a meager 0.8% (Factset)
• ECB Cash Doesn’t Wean Investors Off German Debt (Bloomberg)
• Analysis: Criminal probe trail going cold at MF Global (Reuters) see also MF Global Trustee Sees $1.6 Billion Customer Shortfall (Deal Book)
• Why the Wealthy Really Are Moving Cash to the Caymans (Smart Money)
• Elizabeth Warren profile: A girl who soared, but longed to belong (Boston Globe)
• Copper Traders Turn Bullish as Inventories Drop to 2009 Low: (Bloomberg) see also Rich to Invest More in Commodities, Reduce Cash (Bloomberg)
• BREAKING THE CODE: WHY YUOR BARIN CAN RAED TIHS (Discovery News)
• Jeremy Lin Drives Knicks’ Sales, MSG Shares (Bloomberg)
• NASA’s science missions bring the universe into sharper focus even as agency struggles with manned flight (Washington Post)
What are you reading?
Too Late to Jump Aboard?
click for larger graph
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.