Well, I am back at my desk and no worse for the wear and tear. These are what I started my work week with:
• The Housing Recovery In One Index (Pragmatic Capitalism)
• What actually happens at Davos? (New Yorker)
• Krugman: What Ails Europe? (NYT)
• Berkshire Selects Manager to Eventually Replace Buffett as CEO (Bloomberg) see also A Buffett Heir, but Who? (WSJ)
• Investigators Scrutinize MF Global Wire Transfers (DealBook)
• The Rise of the Super-Rich (NYT) see also China’s Billionaire Congress Makes Its U.S. Peer Look Poor (Businessweek)
• Builders Feel Bite in China (WSJ)
• Bankers escape big penalties in FDIC failed bank cases (Reuters)
• That Greek debt sustainability analysis in full (FT Alphaville) see also G-20 Snubs Germany on IMF Funding (Bloomberg)
• The new hipster cities of America: Who’s emerging as the “next Austin”? (Austin CultureMap)
What are you reading?
Buyers Take a Shine to ‘Junk’
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.