My early morning reads:
• Big Long Is New ‘Big Short’ as Bass Joins Subprime Bet (Bloomberg)
• The Letter: Hedgies’ tool of choice (Alphaville) see also Hedge fund managers looked to tech in 4th quarter (Reuters)
• The low number of new highs: Fewer stocks hit 52-week highs (Marketwatch)
• The Secret Meeting That Launched the Federal Reserve (Echos)
• Sentiment Survey (American Association of Individual Investor)
• Paul Volcker vs. the Bank of Canada (Economix) see also JPMorgan, HSBC Among Firms Accused by Informant Bank in Canada Libor Case (Bloomberg)
• Number crunchers are dead set on figuring out how long you will live. For those saving for retirement, it’s the $27 trillion question. (Smart Money)
• The Mystery of the Millionaire Metaphysician (Slate) see also Does the rebound effect matter for policy? (Grist)
• The Prophets of Linsanity (Businessweek)
• Your address book is mine: Many iPhone apps take your data (Ventrue Beat) see also Mobile Apps Take Data Without Permission (Bits)
What are you reading?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.