My afternoon train reading:
• Americans Gaining Energy Independence With U.S. Emerging as No. 1 Producer (Bloomberg) see also Messages show conflict within NRC after Japan earthquake and tsunami (Washington Post)
• Advice for Advisors: Stop Talking and Start Listening! (Financial Sense) see also Mastering the Mad Scramble for New Clients (Registered Rep)
• Target at Post-Bailout GM: Earning $10 Billion a Year (WSJ) see also Bush Tells Dealers He Avoided ‘Gamble’ in Bail Out (Bloomberg)
• Bernanke: Fed Policy’s Encouragement of Risk Is by Design (Real Time Economics) see also Investors Place Their Money on Fed (WSJ)
• Is Facebook accurately counting its daily active users? (CNet) see also Facebook “Jumps the Shark” Interview with Michael Whalen (IRA Analyst)
• MF Trustee Traced $105B in Cash Movement (Bloomberg) see also Challenges for MF Trustee (WSJ)
• Bartlett: Tilting the Budget Process to the G.O.P. (Economix) see also The Business Cycle Throws The GOP A Curveball (Forbes)
• Beast With Four Tails: Milky Way Devouring Neighboring Dwarf Galaxies (Science Daily) see also Galaxy Hosts 100 Billion Planets, in New Estimate (WSJ)
• Romney Finding Support Where Women Hold Sway (WSJ) but see Are Republicans About To Commit Medicare Suicide? (TPM)
• Truth, lies and Afghanistan (Armed Forces Journal) see also What goes on in the mind of a sniper? (BBC News)
What are you reading?
Dollar’s China Conundrum
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.