Some longer works for your weekend reading pleasure:
• Special report: The twilight of the Bond King (Reuters)
• Missing Settlement Document Raises Doubts on $25B Deal (American Banker)
• Mean-Spirited, Bad Economics (Baseline Scenario) see also Cain: Improving job market threat to Republicans (Market Watch)
• Elizabeth Spiers and the reinvented New York Observer (Reuters)
• The Most Generous Rich People You’ve Never Heard Of (WSJ)
• Aaron Swartz Hacks the Attention Economy (Technology Review)
• #FedValentines (Economix)
• This Chart Is a Lonely Hunter: The Narrative Eros of the Infographic (The Millions)
• The long, hot relationship between Librarians and Erotica (The Paris Review)
• Beatles, Pink Floyd Engineer Alan Parsons Rips Audiophiles (CePro)
What are you doing for Valentines Day?
I have never been particularly impressed with Jeremy Siegel’s investing acumen. He remains as bullish as ever. Note the outperformance of bonds versus equities for the past 1, 5, 10, 30 and 40 years is impossible according to Siegel’s research.
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.