I am off for my vacation — but before I go, here are some articles for your weekend reading pleasure:
• Wall Street steps in when Ivy League fails (Washington Post)
• What’s New? Exuberance for Novelty Has Benefits (NYT)
• Ritholtz Has the Main Theme Right, But Gets a Few Specifics Wrong About MF Global (Jesse’s Café Américain)
• DEAR WALMART, MCDONALD’S, AND STARBUCKS (Business Insider)
• What We Owe to Each Other, Part I (Boston Review), Part II (Boston Review)
• Global Business Elite Go Marxist at Davos! (The Nation)
• Romney & Paul: Amid Rivalry, Friendship Blossoms on the Campaign Trail (NYT)
• Da Vinci’s Ghost: How The Vitruvian Man Came To Be (Brain Pickings)
• Anatomy of an unsafe abortion (Dr. Jen Gunter) see also Imagine if all the money spent fighting about abortion… (Dr. Jen Gunter)
• The IPO of the decade? My valuation of Facebook (Musings on Markets)
What are you reading?
Quitting while they’re behind: Why hedge funds are throwing in the towel
Source: The Economist
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.