Some longer reads for your weekend pleasure:
• Jeremy Grantham: Coping With Slow Growth (Barron’s)
• The mathematical equation that caused the banks to crash (Guardian)
• Adventures In Behavioral Neurology – Or – What Neurology Can Tell Us About Human Nature (Edge)
• The end of mutual funds is coming (Fortune)
• Once again, speculators behind sharply rising oil and gasoline prices (McClatchy)
• Payroll tax cut undermines Social Security’s security (LA Times)
• The Caging Of America (New Yorker)
• There is no ethical smartphone (Salon)
• McDonalds vs. Facebook – Toss me a BigMac (Taoistmonk) see also The IPO of the decade? My valuation of Facebook (Musings On Markets)
• My smiley face business card party game (BoingBoing)
What are you reading?
Behind Corn’s Squeeze Play: Farmers
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.