Some interesting reads to start your morning:
• Wall Street Bonus Withdrawal Means Trading Aspen for Coupons (Bloomberg)
• Q&A: What’s Going on With Gasoline Prices? (MoJo)
• Fed Shrugged Off Warnings, Let Banks Pay Shareholders Billions (ProPublica)
• Economy Picks Up Pace, but Risks Remain (WSJ) see also Surprise! The Case for QE3 Is Stronger Than Ever (The Atlantic)
• The Ben Bernanke Congressional Variety Hour (MarketPlace)
• A Call for Beijing to Loosen Its Grip on the Economic Reins (NYT)
• The Media Did Not Hype Fukushima (New Yorker)
• Twitter, the Startup That Wouldn’t Die (Businessweek)
• Economics: A Million Mutinies Now (The American)
• Nassim Taleb’s Big Idea: Transforming Debt Into Equity (The Trader)
What are you reading?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.