My morning Kiss & Tell reads:

• Why I Am Leaving Goldman Sachs (NYT)
• Ray Dalio’s Former Assistant Tells All (DealBook) see also What Ray Dalio taught me about Authentic Leadership and Taxidermy (Raleigh Coaching)
• J.P. Morgan Chase’s Ugly Family Secrets Revealed (Rolling Stone)
• Supervisors directed banks’ mortgage misconduct, HUD report says (Washington Post)
• When it comes to Bankers, the Kids Aren’t Alright (Bank Think)
• Contrarians Bet Big on Europe — and Win (SmartMoney)
• Pain at the Pump Is Offset by Heating Bills (WSJ)
• Stress Tests Show How Fed Pushed Banks to Bolster Balance Sheets (Bloomberg)
• After 244 Years, Encyclopaedia Britannica Stops the Presses (NYT)
• Apple confirms that pre-order stock of new iPad sold out, says demand is ‘off the charts’ (The Next Web)

What are you reading?

Energy Shares Suffer ‘Gas’ Pangs

Source: WSJ

Category: Financial Press

6 Responses to “10 Mid-Week AM Reads”

1. Sechel says:

I’m sure glad Wall Street and Washington have cleaned up their act……

2. VennData says:

Romney’s Superpac is running an ad here in the Land of Lincoln, the thrust of it is that Santorum supports Planned Parenthood.

So that’s where the GOP media machine guys who came up with “Muslim,” “Socialist,” Birth certificates,” etc are working.

Boy I sure hope these guys get power in DC again.

3. SOP says:

Natural Gas – looking for the greater fools

Why the Great Shale Rush in the Eagle Ford may be over sooner than you think

But while it borders on the heretical to say it aloud, judging from very recent shale plays elsewhere in the country — like the Marcellus, the Barnett, the Fayetteville — ours may not go down as the century of natural gas, after all.

Critics contend the promise of decades-long growth doesn’t match what’s been seen elsewhere, that the eventual Eagle Ford bust could come sooner than industry promises suggest — though some lucky landowners, local governments, and oil and gas companies flipping mineral leases will still be all the richer for it.

——————–
    An Inconvenient Statement, Retracted

Steven Chu, Scientist :
    In a 2008 interview …. Dr. Chu, said, “Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels of Europe.”

Steven Chu, Politician:

So in a hearing before the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee on Tuesday, Dr. Chu walked away from his earlier comment. “I no longer share that view,” he said. “Of course we don’t want the price of gasoline to go up. We want it to go down.”…

4. Moe says:

The Difference Between Private and Public Morality

5. Julia Chestnut says:

Oh, I feel nostalgic about the loss of the Encyclopedia Britannica, alright! Sad to see the print version go, but I understand their point about migration to the web. I just get little frissons of concern about those dystopic visions of the future where knowledge has been lost, and the potential impact of putting too much of the world’s knowledge in one “library” on the web. If that “burns down,” so to speak, would it usher in a new dark age? We’d have much bigger fish to fry, I suppose. I also feel a loss for the voice of authority in a world where crowd sourcing among people who consider ignorance a point of pride is a viable reference.

Scary. And all those encyclopedia salesmen gone the way of Fuller Brush men.

6. VennData says:

If Obama doesn’t raise natural gas prices, the entire industy will go bankrupt, and lose millions of jobs.

Then he needs to raise the price of my house.

I HATE him.