My reads to start the week off:
• Election Year Poses Challenge for Stocks (WSJ) see also Choose Your Own Adventure: SPX 2013 (Dynamic Hedge)
• Why fringe markets may beat Silicon Valley (at least for investors) (Next Web)
• The brain science behind economics (LA Times) see also Virtuous Behaviors Sanction Later Sins (Scientific American)
• 35 Years of Buffett’s Greatest Investing Wisdom (Motley Fool)
• Shiller: Economist who foresaw bubbles still likes stocks (USA Today)
• DOJ casts wide net with mortgage subpoenas (Reuters)
• Baltic Dry Index on Course for Lowest Monthly Average Since 1986 (Businessweek)
• Credit Update – There’s Life After Default (Pragmatic Capitalism)
• The Big Reveal: Why does the Bible end that way? (New Yorker)
• 9 Foreign Words the English Language Desperately Needs (Cracked)
What are you reading?
Oil Gives Economy Both Barrels
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.