My early morning reading material:
• Understanding the Link Between Volatility and Compound Returns (CSS Analytics) see also How Alchemists Invented Modern Finance (Bloomberg Echos)
• OCC Probing JPMorgan Chase Credit Card Collections (American Banker)
• What Europe Could Have Learned From the U.S. Bank Bailout (DealBook) see also Greek Swap Seen Provoking Aftershocks on Borrowing (Bloomberg)
• Well, not exactly: Meredith Whitney was right (Fortune)
• On the Market: Sotheby’s (n+1)
• Easiest Credit Worldwide Shows No Signs of Abating as Fear Index Plummets (Bloomberg)
• Would a Higher Top Tax Rate Raise Revenues? (Economix)
• The Pentagon is a gas guzzler (CS Monitor)
• Slower Growth in Medicare Spending — Is This the New Normal? (New England Journal of Medecine)
• OMG: The Incident Report. Or, The Time I Broke It (The Awl)
What are you reading?
Falling Off the Commodity Supercycle
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.