My afternoon train reads:
• Lying By Omission: Mutual Funds, Track Records and Departing Managers (Reformed Broker) see also Fix Your 401(k) (SmartMoney)
• Why More Stimulus Now Would Pay for Itself—Really! (Atlantic)
• Johnson & Kwak: Abandoning Gold Helped Dollar Gain Preeminence (Bloomberg)
• Nocera: Government’s Not Dead Yet (NYT)
• TARP Fail: Bailout Braggadocio Doesn’t Pay in the End (WSJ)
• How Well Do Initial Claims Forecast Employment Growth Over the Business Cycle and Over Time? (Fed St. Louis)
• What Tim Cook is doing in China (Gigaom) see also Apple Plans Further Investment in China as Cook Visits (Bloomberg)
• The originality of the species (Guardian)
• China Banks Said to Underestimate Local Government Risks (Bloomberg) see also China Soft Landing May Be Hard for Commodity Exporters (Bloomberg)
• Just the Facts. Yes, All of Them. (NYT)
What are you reading?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.