Some longer weekend reads:
• Goldman Op-Ed Writer Got $150 for Unsolicited Critique (Bloomberg) see also Making Sure Your Exit Music Is Loud and Clear (NYT)
• This is not your father’s Nasdaq 3,000 (MSN Money)
• A Nervous Uptick in Treasury Yields (Barron’s) see also Fear gauge at 5-year low ‘an optical illusion’ (CNN Money)
• Was Milton Friedman a Closet Keynesian? (Uneasy Money)
• A Forecast for Low Returns, and Advice for Investors (NYT)
• Despite Progress, Euro Crisis Is Far From Over (Spiegel Online)
• When Critics Mattered (Boston Review)
• Losing Deep-Sea Science in the United States (Deep Sea News)
• The NSA Is Building the Country’s Biggest Spy Center (Watch What You Say) (Wired)
• Chess, intelligence and winning arguments (FreakoStats)
What are you reading?
Banks Help Lift Dow to Near Record
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.