From the origin to the road: the new Ferrari 12-cylinder’s official video tells the story of the evolution and the performance on track and road of the F12berlinetta.

Follow us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Ferrari
and Twitter http://twitter.com/FerrariMagazine

GOTS TO GET ME ONE OF THESE

Category: Weekend

6 Responses to “LUST: F12berlinetta (first official video)”

1. Hantra says:

Hmm. . . This? Or the Aventador. . . I think I’m in the Lambo.

2. bear_in_mind says:

That is one incredible sounding engine, isn’t it?! Wow. Love the power, but gotta say that’s one over-steering SOB. Either they used some lower-adhesion tires for the commercial or I’d slap some wider, stickier rubber on the rear of that beast before I drove it off the showroom floor.

3. SkepticalOx says:

Bear, if this is anything like the 458 or the 599GTO, the cars are made inherently unstable at the limit so that the electronics can do it’s magic (kinda like a fighter jet – that’s what Ferrari says anyway). Turn those electronic aids on and the oversteer disappears and you’ll get nothing but grip.

Ferrari Test Driver Marc Gene:
    “The thing to remember about the 599 GTO….is that dynamically it’s been designed a bit like a fighter aircraft. In its natural state, without the electronics, it’s actually a bit unstable near the limit….It’s all about the front end..Just as in a fighter aircraft, the natural handling balance is so extreme it’s quite difficult to drive this car – without the electronics – and be consistently fast, lap after lap, if you’re right near the limit…But when you dial the electronics back in…you can use that slight instability to go faster and that’s what gives the GTO such incredible front end bite. Just like a fighter aircraft, the basic agility of this car is really amazing.”

4. deanscamaro says:

Barry, as I am more into collector/muscle cars (as evidenced by my login), I really don’t know the differences in Ferrari’s. But I have to say that video makes my b_lls pull up into my stomach and my a__hole pucker. Looks like real lust to me!

5. TLH says:

Just buy a new corvette. 430+ horsepower. Nobody pays attention to you. Enough money left over to buy any luxury car for your second car.

6. Giovanni says:

The V12 e bella, but the car looks like a mix of Mazda RX-7 and a BMW roadster. I’m sure it’s a fun car, but if all I wanted was a drift car I could build (or import) a JDM car for a lot less- Just sayin’