Some morning reads:
• Time for economists to eat humble pie … again (FT.com)
• Why this could be the bull market’s last charge (Fortune) but see Stock Market Should Double Again (SmartMoney)
• The Market for Financial Advice: An Audit Study (National Bureau of Economic Research)
• Fed Prevented ‘Total Meltdown,’ Bernanke Says (WSJ) see also Europeans See Crisis Near End, Bernanke Warns on Recovery (Bloomberg)
• Housing experts optimistic, despite dismal data (Washington Post) see also FHA Bailout Risk Looming Larger After Guarantee Binge: Mortgages (Bloomberg)
• The Case for Raising Top Tax Rates (NYT)
• WTF? Tea Party Targets Lugar, Hatch 70 Years of Senate Tenure (Bloomberg) see also Pro-Romney PAC Killing Machine With Attack Ads (Bloomberg)
• Health-care provision at center of Supreme Court debate was a Republican idea (Washington Post)
• Brain drain (Spectator) see also Seeing Is Unbelieving (NYT)
• Have You Ever Tried to Sell a Diamond? (The Atlantic)
What are you reading?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.