My afternoon train reading, filled with WTF headlines:
• WTF! Apple Eyeing $960, May Settle For Six-Handle (For Today, At Least) (WSJ) see also Apple Drives Record $1.24T of Company Cash (Bloomberg)
• WTF? Germany Fails To Meet Its Own Austerity Goals (Spiegel Online)
• 10 reasons Wall Street will hit bottom, (WTF!) crash (Market Watch) see also An interesting model of asset bubbles (Noahpinion)
• US Federal Tax Receipts (Dr. Ed’s Blog)
• MBIA cries discovery abuse; BofA counters with grandstanding claim (Reuters) see also BofA Makes a Deal on Side (WSJ)
• Generation Stuck: Why Don’t Young People Move, Anymore? (The Atlantic)
• Rent-Seeking: A Primer (Freeman Online)
• Over the rainbow: If there are better ways to split atoms, they will be a long time coming (Economist)
• Lost Leonardo da Vinci found (National Geographic)
• As told by Christopher Hitchens: Heaven can wait (Washington Monthly)
What are you reading?
Scorecard for New Bank Stress Tests
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.