Some reads to start your week:
• Surprise Increase in Interest Rates Is Credited to Signs of Recovery (NYT)
• Cuban: Dont Follow Your Passion, Follow Your Effort (Blog Maverick)
• Evaluating ECRI’s Recession Call (Financial Sense) see also ECRI Explains Why Recession Is “Inevitable” (Financial Sense)
• Housing Bulls Aren’t So Far Out on a Limb (WSJ)
• Why banks will continue to rip off clients (Reuters) see also The Good, Bad and Ugly of Capitalism (NYT)
• Capital Gains vs. Ordinary Income (Economix)
• U.S. Made Profit on Mortgage Debt (WSJ) Excepting all the losses, it was a home run trade!
• Replay: what could Obama have done differently economically? (New Yorker)
• Spring Break Gets Tamer as World Watches Online (NYT)
• Da Vinci’s Heavenly Body (The American Scholar)
What are you reading?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.