My reads to start the week off:
• Is the end near for 3-year-old bull market? (USA Today)
• Great Expectations: Is this recovery for real? (New Yorker) see also Market Shrinks First Time Since ‘09 on U.S. Buybacks, Offerings (Businessweek)
• How to Tell if a Growth Stock Can Keep on Growing (WSJ)
• Beware of Banks’ Flawed Focus on Return on Equity (DealBook)
• Reinhart: Financial Repression Back to Stay (Bloomberg)
• U.S. exports to China boom, despite trade tensions (Washington Post) see also China Has Biggest Trade Shortfall Since 1989 on Europe Turmoil (Bloomberg)
• Adam Smith versus Business (Freeman Online)
• Why Hath Google Forsaken Us? A Meditation. (Battelle’s Searchblog)
• Why the New iPad is So Huge for Apple (Read Write Web) see also The iPad Is Unbeatable (Slate)
• The Four Million Dollar Philosopher (3:AM Mag)
What are you reading?
Beware the Safety Catch for Bond Buyers
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.