My afternoon train reading:
• Havana Gets a Taste of the Free Market (Spiegel Online)
• Bipartisan Support in Washington for 401k Skimming (Forbes) see also Why bother with target-date funds? (Reuters)
• How the JOBS Act triumphed over its critics (Business Journals)
• How to Put More Distance Between Banks and Their Auditors (American Banker) see also Bank Lobby’s Onslaught Shifts Debate on Volcker Rule (Bloomberg)
• The New Blue Collar: Temporary Work, Lasting Poverty And The American Warehouse (Huff Post)
• Everyday Stress Can Shut Down the Brain’s Chief Command Center (Scientific American) see also The Brain on Love (NYT)
• Eurozone debt crisis: how Greece could exit the euro (Telegraph)
• The Science of Why We Don’t Believe Science (MoJo) see also The Science of Truthiness (HuffPost)
• Why “Don’t Be Evil” Is Evil, and Why Google Isn’t So Bad (Pando Daily)
• SCOTUS on HealthCare: It’s Not About the Law, Stupid (Slate)
What are you reading?
California Farmers Feel Pain
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.