My afternoon train reading:
• Hedge Fund Manager Dan Zwirn, the Man Who Fell to Earth (Businessweek)
• Dark Pools Win Record Stock Volume as NYSE Trading Slows to 1990s Levels (Bloomberg)
• Share Traders More Reckless Than Psychopaths, Study Shows (Spiegel.de) see also 10 Commandments for Con Men (Lists Of Note)
• Analysis: Critics question cost as consultants nip and tuck SEC (Reuters)
• Commodites: Bull market corrections or the start of bear markets (Peter Brandt) see also Rising Crude Prices Tap Into a Barrel of Nonsense (Bloomberg)
• Threatened Goldman Japan workers unionize (Japan Times)
• Senators target Facebook with bill that would close stock-option loophole (Washington Post)
• In the Future Everything Will Be A Coffee Shop (Speculist)
• Memory Is Not a Recording Device: How Technology Shaped Our Metaphors for Remembering (Brain Pickings)
• Bubbles at the Edge of Space: Merav Opher Is Changing Astrophysics (Txchnologist)
What are you reading?
No, Rick, Energy Prices Did Not Cause the Housing Bust
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.