A few longer reads for your weekend pleasure:
• The Worst of Times to Buy Stocks? (Barron’s)
• Greece Defaults, and Tries to Move On (WSJ) see also The purpose of all financial systems is to match savers who crave safety with investors who take risk (Economist)
• Fed Said to Balk at Bank Payouts Over Loan-Loss Estimates (Bloomberg)
• Even Dairy Farming Has a 1 Percent (NYT Magazine)
• Addison Wiggin: Creative Destruction Means to Die and Let Live (Daily Reckoning) but see When Debating the Auto Bailout, Consider Lehman’s Fate (NYT)
• The Final Facebook Forensic IPO Analysis: the Good, the Bad & the Ugly (BoomBust Blog)
• Fade in China, Made in America (WSJ)
• Postrel: Fight Birth-Control Battle Over the Counter (Bloomberg)
• Rush, Peter Gabriel, Fab Thunderbirds want off Limbaugh’s show (LA Times) see also Rush Limbaugh should take lessons from Imus (Washington Post)
• Slaughterhouse-Five: ‘So it goes’ (Times Literary Supplement)
What are you reading?
Signs of Encouragement in the Jobs Reports
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.