Some longer reads for the weekend:
• Did Corzine direct Segregated Client Account money be used to pay overdrawn accounts to JPM?
…..-MF Global’s Corzine Ordered Funds Moved to JP Morgan, Memo Says (Bloomberg)
…..-New Details Emerge on MF Global, but No Smoking Gun (Dealbook)
…..-Email Ties Corzine to Missing Funds (WSJ)
• Housed: Is homeownership, despite three presidents’ best efforts, out of reach for the sinking middle-class? Good riddance, says one former homeowner (Guernica Mag)
• Madoff FBI Files Reveal How He Fooled His Own Employees (Bloomberg)
• 2009: As Goldman Thrives, Some Say an Ethos Has Faded (NYT) see also More Than Culture Shifted On Wall Street (Wired)
• Where’s _why? (Slate)
• Dangerous Minds: An Inquiry into the History of Psychoanalysis (Literary Review)
• How Obama Tried to Sell Out Liberalism in 2011 (NY Mag)
• Israelis Grow Confident Strike on Iran’s Nukes Can Work (Bloomberg) see also Oil Prices Spike Exacerbated By Wall Street Speculation, Federal Reserve Study Finds (Huff Post)
• What Happens When A 35-Year-Old Man Retakes The SAT? (DeadSpin)
• The evolution of death (Salon)
What are you reading?
Tax Breaks Exceed $1 Trillion: Report
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.