Some Longer form reading to start your weekend:
• S&P 500 Caps Biggest Weekly Decline in 2012 on Economy (Bloomberg)
• The Great Bond Conundrum (Barron’s)
• Time to put the doomed euro out of its misery (Telegraph)
• A Little Independent Energy Experiment on the Prairie (Smithsonian) see also What’s wrong with corn ethanol? (BoingBoing)
• There’s No There There: Low Tax Rates and Economic Growth (Social Science Research Network) see also Britain’s Experience in Raising the Top Tax Rate (Economix)
• Clouds on Solar’s Horizon (NYT)
• Lawrence Lessig on How We Lost Our Democracy (Rolling Stone)
• Born This Way: The new weird science of hardwired political identity. (NY Mag)
• Bonnie Raitt’s Amazing, Omnivorous, Adult-Contemporary Career (Atlantic)
• What Does It Mean to Be Human? (Brain Pickings)
What are you reading?
Copper Price Hits a 3-Month Low
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.