My afternoon train reading:
• The market was dead wrong on Apple (Marketwatch) see also Apple Profit Rises 94% on Growing Global IPhone Demand (Bloomberg)
• The Demise of Western Wealth Creation is Overblown (Barron’s)
• Derivatives: Finding the Culprits of the Crisis (AdvisorOne)
• Asha Bangalore: Improving Housing Market? (Northern Trust) see also Housing Declared Bottoming (Again) in U.S. After Six-Year Slump (Bloomberg)
• Drop in U.S. Durables Orders Masks Investment Gain (Bloomberg)
• Diamond and Saez: High Tax Rates Won’t Slow Growth (WSJ)
• Tackling Real Estate in a Do-It-Yourself Approach to I.R.A.’s (NYT)
• Sheila Bair: Watch out! Is the Fed pushing us into another bubble? (Fortune) see also U.S. Debt Culture and the Dollar’s Fate (National Interest)
• Brutal: The Ministry of Truth Speaks: American Prospect Tries to Pass Off Mortgage Turncoat Schneiderman as Hero (Naked Capitalism)
• Fun! NewsJack launches to let you remix, edit news websites (Poynter)
What are you reading?
Manufacturers Regain Swagger With Rosy Earnings
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.