My afternoon train reading:
• S&P 500 Beating Gold Most Since 1999 on Positive Earnings (Bloomberg)
• A Paradox: Avoid Correlation by Following the Trends (All About Alpha)
• Investors Are Looking to Buy Homes by the Thousands (NYT) see also Manhattan Apartment Prices Decline (Bloomberg)
• The God of Gamblers: Why Casinos Are Moving to Macau (New Yorker)
• ‘Apple Fever’ Prompts Predictions of $1 Trillion Value (Bloomberg) see also Apple and the Return of the Gimmicky Price Targets (TRB)
• Pensions Find Riskier Funds Fail to Pay Off (NYT)
• No Deal: Why you shouldn’t believe the theory behind Groupon’s business model (Slate) see also Why Groupon is poised for collapse (Venture Beat)
• How China Steals Our Secrets (NYT)
• Nobel Winner Eric Kandel: ‘The Age of Insight,’ Memory, the Holocaust, and the Art of Vienna (The Daily Beast)
What are you reading ?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.