My afternoon train reading:
• S&P 500 Caps Longest Decline Since November on Europe (Bloomberg) see also European Bank Shares Take a Nosedive (Dealbook)
• The Age of the Shadow Bank Run (NYT)
• Here is why Facebook bought Instagram (Gigaom) see also Visual Candy: The Rise of Instagram (New Yorker)
• Bankruptcy costs and America’s household debt crisis (VOX)
• How to Really Simplify the Tax Code (Economix) see also The U.S. Has a Low Corporate Tax (Citizen for Tax Justice)
• Jonah Lehrer on Decision-Making (The Browser)
• 50 Content Ideas to Create Buzz (Conversation Agent)
• Album review: The Alabama Shakes’ ‘Boys & Girls’ (LA Times)
• Rick Santorum drops out of the presidential race (WaPo) see also Barack Obama’s empathy edge (Washington Post)
• For Your Ads Only: 50 Years of James Bond Product Placement (Businessweek)
What are you reading?
Time to Cast More Light on Finance’s ‘Shadows’
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.