Video after the jump

For the last decade, automakers have connected with baby boomers by recreating storied cars from their youth. Now, Ford is shifting its Mustang muscle car’s focus to a younger generation. Mike Ramsey explains on Lunch Break.

WSJ, 4/16/2012 12:56:28 PM

Category: Weekend

8 Responses to “Ford to Remake the Mustang in Evos Design”

1. MayorQuimby says:

I always rnat about Astons and this is clearly an Aston type design. I think it is gorgeous. I’m a buyer in all likelihood.

2. formerlawyer says:

Ooooh! Shiny! Me want…

3. bear_in_mind says:

I kinda like the ‘retro’ styling on the newer Mustang models, and the underlying powertrain and suspension engineering has never been better. I applaud Ford with pitching this radical new model, as you can go retro every couple decades but then you have to leap forward into entirely new directions. I’m not sure I’m in love with this particular rendition, but we’ll see what the production unit looks like.

4. EdR says:

Awesome lines. Build it and they will come….pls finish the wheel wells like the Europeans

5. theexpertisin says:

Nice to see style trumping a colossal flop such as the Volt. Americans will vote with their pocketbooks on this Ford product.

Glad to see Ford really doing the job making products consumers desire.

6. brandyjc says:

Wow, how cool. Finally, the Mustang no longer looks anything even remotely like a Mustang! Yay! To heck with those 70′s and 80′s versions (which were actually regrettable) – those dumb things actually had the nerve to sport the signature 3 tail lights. No more!

I think they should change its name, too! This would give it even more appeal to new buyers who couldn’t care less whether their vehicle has any history before their own.

How about calling it something “modern” like “Apostrophe” or maybe “Gathering”, or…wait…I know…”Horsebook”.

7. stewa43210 says:

Nice looking Ford Probe.

8. lrderrick says:

OK. It is cool looking, but don’t call it a Mustang. The retro look worked for a reason. People liked it, a lot of people liked it. Changing what works? Can you say “Taurus”.