My afternoon train reading:

• Biggest Bond Traders See Worst Over for Treasuries (Bloomberg) but see The End of the 30-year Bond Bull Market? (Knowledge Wharton)
• Got money offshore? IRS starts new amnesty program (Market Watch)
• Why Gas Prices Are Out of Any President’s Control (NYT) see also What’s keeping US gas prices aloft (FT Alphaville)
• ‘Even a 1-Trillion Euro Firewall Wouldn’t Be Enough’ (Spiegel Online)
• The Most Expensive Real-Estate in the World (WSJ)
• Diagnosing the Republican Brain (MoJo) but see 2012 or Never (NY Mag)
• The bizarre calculus of emergency room charges (LA Times)
• Bye Bye BlackBerry. How Long Will Apple Last? (Forbes) see also Why Google Might Be Going to $0 (Tech Crunch)
• How our brains are wired: Scanner reveals inner workings in stunning new detail (Daily Mail)
• How Will You Measure Your Life? (Harvard Business Review)

What are you reading?

Investors Dip Into Riskier Waters

Source: WSJ

Category: Financial Press

13 Responses to “10 Monday PM Reads”

1. Global Eyes says:

I’m reading The Warrior Ethos by Steven Pressfield. It’s about all the traits needed for ” modern warfare” ; how we’ve unlearned them and how to get them back! It’s old and new and something I can’t get enough of. Grab a copy today.

2. rashley314 says:

How will I measure my life? Same way Chevy Chase did in Caddyshack… by height.

3. Robespierre says:

I’m reading this little nugget from the past courtesy of Jesse’s cafe

VP Biden says he called Jon Corzine for advice:

You will never see this at Fox or CNN or CNBC or any of the networks…

4. Wiggs says:

I’m learning about the “Liberal Ratchet” these days…interesting take on partisan spending. Not sure if it is revisionist or not though…

BR: Is that similar to the Tax Cut ratchet? (or is that racket?)

5. ilsm says:

“How will I measure my life?”

Was I compassionate?

6. Sechel says:

Did the SEC , just get it? See Investigating boards
    ———————————————————–

7. Wiggs says:

Yea, they appear to be synonymous. It just depends on what side of the line you stand.

8. b_thunder says:

I wish BR would explain why he keeps linking to the “stuff” that Altucher – a self-acknowledged failed money manager (also a complete moron when it comes to the matters of *real life*, a shameless provocateur, and now apparently a penny-stock promoter) – spews onto the only medium where such crap can exist – his own web sites.

Well, whatever crap Altucher was peddling is up over 80% today. I’d be ashamed to be even most remotely associated with this pathetic boiler room-type “pump.”

BR: I personally like James as a person, I find him often insightful, always amusing.

9. WallaWalla says:

Hi, looks like the link for the “What’s keeping US gas prices aloft (FT Alphaville)” article is broken. should be easy to fix with a minor edit though.

10. land says:

Disconcerting after 4 pints of Guinness:

Can Drinking Make You Conservative? (and Other Questions About the Political Brain)

11. Frwip says:

@Global Eyes

Why do you want to ‘get back’ the “Warrior Ethos” ? You want to kill someone ?

12. [...] – Further, further reading. [...]