My afternoon train reading:
• The Modest Worth of Big Banks (NYT) see also JPMorgan Joins MF Global in Lobbying Wins That Backfire (Bloomberg)
• Google Privacy Inquiries Get Little Cooperation (NYT)
• The Facebook Face-Plant: “Nobody Put a Gun to Their Heads” (Jeff Matthews Is Not Making This Up)
• Beware the quant models (FT.com)
• Billion Dollar Bait & Switch: States Divert Foreclosure Deal Funds (Pro Publica) see also WSJ Poll: Dim Views of Big Business, Government (WSJ)
• Romney: The Partner (The New Republic)
• Obama spending binge never happened (Market Watch) see also Obama Prospects Improve as Swing State Economies Improve (Bloomberg)
• Welcome to Another 30 for 30 (Grantland)
• Whom Should We Prevent From Blowing Themselves Up, And Why? (DealBreaker)
• Twitter is tracking you on the web (DCurtis) see also Here’s What You Can Do To Stop It (LifeHacker)
What are you reading?
Europe’s Problems Still Threaten to Spill Into U.S.
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.