My afternoon train reading:
• Euro Zone Crisis Boils as Leaders Fail to Signal New Steps (NYT)
• Copper ETF plan would ‘wreak havoc’ (FT.com)
• Passive Asset Allocation Strategies Are Still Tough To Beat (Capital Spectator) but see Why a ‘Balanced’ Portfolio May Not Work (SmartMoney)
• Seeing Bailouts Through Rose-Colored Glasses (NYT)
• Farrell: How Facebook could destroy the U.S. economy (Market Watch)
• J.P. Morgan and ‘Asymmetric Accounting’ (WSJ) see also Baum: Stop the Big Banks Before They Can Lend Again (Bloomberg)
• Nervous investors are looking beyond positive U.S. economic signs (LA Times)
• Facebook IPO Post Mortem – Killer – but not for the reasons you think ! (Blog Maverick) see also Greenshoes, Facebook phantoms and ETF magic (FT.com)
• Data journalism research at Columbia aims to close data science skills gap (O’Reilly Radar)
• Robert Carlock walks us through highlights from 30 Rock’s six seasons so far (Part 1 of 4) (AV Club) (Part 2 of 4) (AV Club)
What are you reading?
Mutual Funds Promised Haven From Speedsters
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.