Pour a cup of strong Joe, get comfortable in your favorite chair, and enjoy these longer form articles –they are what I am reading this weekend:
• The brain… it makes you think. Doesn’t it? (The Guardian)
• How Wall Street Killed Financial Reform (Rolling Stone)
• Zuckerberg: The Maturation of the Billionaire Boy-Man (NY Mag)
• How the Corvair’s rise and fall changed America forever (Reuters)
• Joe Weisenthal vs. the 24-Hour News Cycle (NYT Mag)
• How Hewlett-Packard lost its way (CNN Fortune)
• Hedging is a Tricky and Mercurial Thing (The Epicurean Dealmaker)
• Complex Philosophical Theories Explained in Basic Shapes (My Modern Met)
• The Duke Ellington collective (The Times Literary Supplement)
• The Inquisition of Mr. Marvel: On the surprisingly complicated legacy of Stan Lee (Grantland)
Whats on your tablet?
At JPMorgan Chase, a Complex Strategy That Backfired
click for much larger infographic
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.