- The Big Picture - http://www.ritholtz.com/blog -
Errors and Checklist for Investors
Posted By Barry Ritholtz On June 25, 2012 @ 7:30 pm In Apprenticed Investor,Investing,Rules | Comments Disabled
I am working on a checklist of the most common errors investors make. I have my own top 10, but I would love to hear other people think are important.
Here is my short list:
1. High Fees Are A Drag on Returns
2. Mutual Fund Are Inferior to ETFs
3. Reaching for Yield is Extremely Dangerous
4. Asset Allocation Decisions matter more than stock selection
5. Passive is usually better than Active Management
6. You must understand “The Long Cycle”
7. Behavioral Issues Are Costly
8. Cognitive Errors as well
9. Understand your own risk tolerance
10. Pay Guys Like Me For the Right Reason
What other factors are — or should be — most important to investors?
Article printed from The Big Picture: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog
URL to article: http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2012/06/checklist-for-investors/
Copyright © 2008 The Big Picture. All rights reserved.