Here are some of my favorite longer reads, saved for your weekend pleasure:
• Secret ‘Kill List’ Proves a Test of Obama’s Principles and Will (NYT)
• Managing Wall Street’s ‘Winner Effect’ (Businessweek)
• Is America Philosophical? (The Chronicle)
• Lessons From the World’s Most Ruthless Competitor (Inc.com)
• Dog domestication may have helped humans thrive while Neandertals declined (American Scientist)
• The Cup Of Coffee Club: The Ballplayers Who Got Only One Game (The Awl)
• How the Chicken Conquered the World (Smithsonian Mag)
• Sweep the Sleaze (and all of us are more Greek than we think) (Information Architects)
• The A/B Test: Inside the Technology That’s Changing the Rules of Business (Wired)
• WaPo must transform to survive (Columbia Journalism Review) see also Washington Post Co.’s Self-Destructive Course (Columbia Journalism Review)
What are you reading?
A brief guide to why China grows so fast
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.