My Thursday afternoon post speech reading material:
• Attention Europe: Effectiveness of short-selling bans in doubt (FT.com)
• Evidence Of Coming Recession Is Overwhelming (Comstock Funds)
• A Short List: Who Else Wants to Break Up the Big Banks? (American Banker)
• Top quant to next generation: You Suck (FT.com)
• From Underwater to ‘Equity Poor’: Why the Housing Market Isn’t Recovering Faster (Time) see also this WTF column CNBC to Promote House Flipping (Forbes)
• Saving California’s struggling cities (LA Times)
• Empirics and Psychology: Eight of the World’s Top Young Economists Discuss Where Their Field Is Going (Big Think)
• Libor Scandal Timeline: What Did the Fed Know and When Did it Know It? (ProPublica) see also Uh Oh: Fidelity Joins BlackRock in Weighing Libor Action Against Banks (Bloomberg)
• No credit for Uncle Sam in creating Net? Vint Cerf disagrees (CNet)
• A World Without Coral Reefs (NYT)
What are you reading?
Apple’s Reality-Check Quarter In Charts
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.