My morning reads:
• Lies, Damn Lies and LIBOR (London Banker)
• Stock Buybacks that Wasted Investor Money (CNBC)
• Short Sales on NYSE Top 2011 Peak as September Bets Lost 21% (Bloomberg)
• WTF? U.S. Tightens Security for Economic Data (NYT)
• Investors’ 10 Most Common Behavioral Biases (Above The Market)
• Yahoo: the challenges facing new boss Marissa Mayer (BBC News)
• With Low Supply, Asking Prices Rise for Fifth Straight Month (WSJ) you know my views on this
• Game Theory and Macroeconomics (Musings of the Sorts)
• Government Spending and the Economy (Economix) see also Why is it so hard to raise taxes on the rich? (Salon)
• Ex-Citi banker faces trial over CDO sale (FT.com) see also Missteps Doomed Barclays’ Leaders (WSJ)
What are you reading?
Fortune Favours The Big
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.