Some belated west coast reads (how do you people work in finance from this side of the country?):
• Selling love and buying panic (FT alphaville) see also Stock Market Indicators (Dr. Ed’s Blog)
• Broken Brokerages: Finance Luminaries Join Fight Over Uniform Fiduciary Standard (New York Observer)
• In Defense Of The Hedge Fund Industry? (Pension Pulse) see also Why hedge funds may not be right for you (Market Watch)
• Bad Grades Are Rising for Auditors (NYT)
• A Case Study in Wall Street Getting Its Way in Washington (Bloomberg) see also SEC Caves on Money Funds (WSJ)
• The Dark Clouds Hanging Over Crops (WSJ)
• Apple Counts On iPhone Being Too Cool For U.S. Import Ban (Bloomberg) but see Apple: The bigger they are, the harder they fall (Market Watch)
• As always, Florida in the middle of the voting wars (Washington Post)
• The Bain Files: Inside Mitt Romney’s Tax-Dodging Cayman Schemes (Gawker)
• Why It’s Important For People to Know Experiences Are Better Than Possessions (Peer-Reviewed By My Neurons)
What are you reading?
China Producing More Than It Sells
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.