My morning reads:
• Market Heats Up in Election-Year Augusts (Stock Trader’s Almanac) see also Are we in a Kids’ Market? (Market Watch)
• McKinsey: Allocations Will Rise Despite Sticky Fees (All About Alpha)
• Asian Millionaires Firing Banks Take Charge Of Own Wealth (Bloomberg)
• Economic Thinkers Try to Solve the Euro Puzzle (NYT)
• In Picking Facebook Shares, Repeating the Mistakes of the Past (DealBook) see also Facebook Losses Slice UBS Profits (WSJ)
• Measuring the Decline of American Entrepreneurship (New America)
• Indian Economy Has Power to Shock (WSJ) see also India Blacks Out From New Delhi to Kolkata as Grid Fails Again (Businessweek)
• Negative rates as a precursor to the death of banking (FT Alphaville)
• Why Siri Is Still the Future (Scientific American) see also Apple Rises As Bernstein Sees Stock Split, Dow Membership Ahead (Bloomberg)
• #twitterfail ethics & economics (BuzzMachine)
What are you reading?
U.S. Profit Streak Hit by Global Weakness
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.