My morning reads:
• Kass: Dreaded Triple Top Approaching? (The Street) but see August survey shows rosier money managers’ outlook (Pensions and Investments)
• All Four Official Recession Indicators Are Looking Up (D. Short)
• Fed’s Fisher Bond Mkt Distortion When Exit Time Comes (Deutsche Boerse)
• The Renminbi Blues (Foreign Policy) see also China’s Bear Market Lures Foreign Bids as Locals Pull Funds (Bloomberg)
• ‘Economic suicides’ shake Europe as financial crisis takes toll on mental health (Washington Post)
• Libor’s Risks Emerged From Clubby London Banking Culture (Bloomberg)
• America’s Aversion to Taxes (NYT) see also The New New Deal (Slate)
• Pixel Perfect (Daring Fireball)
• Debunking Economics, Part VII: Against Statics (Unlearning Economics)
• Money and Numbers: Financial, Business and Math Fiction (Library Booklist)
What are you reading?
Rent Costs Adding to Otherwise Benign Inflation
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.