My morning reads:
• Why investors should avoid hedge funds (Reuters)
• Stocks’ Advance Stirs Seers’ Skepticism (Barron’s)
• The European Central Bank’s Discreet Help for Greece (Spiegel.de) see also Fed’s Job-Market View May Surprise Street (WSJ)
• Twin Reports Stoke Cautious Optimism for Rebound in the Housing Market (NYT)
• For Wall Street Bankers, the Thrill Is Gone (Businessweek)
• China data inspires hope, disappointment… and a dilemma (FT Alphaville)
• Who Are Winners of Low Mortgage Rates? Banks (DealBook)
• In Laundering Case, a Lax Banking Law Obscured Money Flow (NYT) see also Standard Chartered CEO Says ‘No Grounds’ to Revoke License (Bloomberg)
• POLITICS: A Tale of Two Unelectable Candidates (ABC News)
• U.S. has hottest month on record in July 2012 NOAA says (Washington Post)
What are you reading?
As Morgan Stanley Beefs Up Bond Business, Firm Is Bringing in More Computers
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.