Afternoon train reading:
• Adventures in tea-party cognitive dissonance: We need a new aircraft carrier group (The Economist)
• September is dangerous: A Body of Evidence? (Market Anthropology)
• Beliefs Drive Investors More Than Preferences (Science Daily) see also What Dilemma? Moral Evaluation Shapes Factual Belief (SPPS)
• What is Value? What is Money? (Edge)
• Morgan Stanley Smith Barney Valuation Delayed Before Sale (Bloomberg) see also More on Wall Street …severance and pay (Crain’s New York)
• Okun’s Law is doing fine (Naked Keynesianism)
• Jeb Bush Slams Republican Anti-Immigrant Stance As Loser (Bloomberg)
• Exploding Stars May Drive Galactic-Scale Superwinds (Sci News)
• On the goodness of Beeminder (Overcoming Bias)
• 12 Hilarious Reviews Of A Pen Just For Women (BuzzFeed)
Why aren’t you in work?
Wall Street’s Finest at Work
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.