My afternoon train reads:
• Mortgage Industry’s Need for Speed Played Big Role in Crisis (American Banker)
• Howard Davies: Economics in Denial (Project Syndicate)
• Why Home Prices Are Rising: The ‘Distressed Share’ (WSJ) but see Real House Prices, Price-to-Rent Ratio (Calculated Risk)
• When firms pay CEOs more than Uncle Sam, the tax system is broken (LA Times)
• The (Economic) Pros and Cons of Longer Life Spans (WSJ)
• Be skeptical of Christie touting his accomplishments (Reuters) see also Bloomberg for President: Why We Need a ‘Mayors’ Party’ (Daily Beast)
• Someone call DOJ! Why There’s A Weird Bulge On Google.com (BuzzFeed)
• Active in Cloud, Amazon Reshapes Computing (NYT)
• Steve Jobs Vindicated by Verdict Protecting Apple Design (Bloomberg)
• RIAA Revenue Dwindles As Labels Cut Back (Torrent Freak) see also MPAA Joins RIAA In Having Budgets Slashed (Tech Dirt)
What are you reading?
Very busy Case-Shiller all-in-one chart
Source: Case Shiller
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.