The Traders have voted:

Hat tip Jadog

Category: Currency, Federal Reserve, Humor

12 Responses to “Should the Central Banks Print Money ?”

1. machinehead says:

Art Williams is a guy who prints money, ‘spending it into existence’ on madcap road trips.

Jason Kersten has written an entertaining account of Williams’ exploits, including how he duplicated the watermark feature on paper bills, in The Art of Making Money:

Simple. Bernanke works for a more powerful criminal gang than Williams.

2. Doug says:

I would like to demonstrate my ignorance by asking is there any difference between printing money or finding an oil field or gold mine? Both add more currency to the system and generate demand.

Or am I on crack?

And if I am on crack (metaphorically speaking) can you tell me why please tell me why?

3. Tim says:

Actually it’s a terrific jewelry idea.

4. Frilton Miedman says:

machinehead Says:
    August 14th, 2012 at 2:53 pm
    “…. So why is Williams in a federal prison for printing currency, while Bernanke occupies a corner office and prints far larger amounts?
    Simple. Bernanke works for a more powerful criminal gang than Williams. ”

In no way looking to argue this either way, after the embarrassment of hearing an individual running for office of the president assert Bernanke ought be tried for treason, I feel it absolutely imperative that the general public stop asserting the Fed is in criminal violation, let’s put fact first, then debate merit.

U.S. Constitution – Section 8 – Powers of Congress

“To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;”

For the record, I’m against printing, I think it’s the Fed countering Fiscal irresponsibility on the part of political puppets in D.C. – the solution lies in Congress right now, not the Fed….but the Fed is left with no alternative.

I just can’t stand hearing revisionist versions of the Constitution.

5. wally says:

I think that dollar sign is upside down; is some symbolism intended?

6. A7LB says:

“U.S. Constitution – Section 8 – Powers of Congress

I just can’t stand hearing revisionist versions of the Constitution.”

The Federal Reserve System is considered Congress?

7. uzer says:

Should the Central Banks Print Money ?

Should the guillotines be readied ?

8. 873450 says:

Like TARP, near 0% central bank funding for exclusive use of TBTF is a major component of the mother of all socialist safety nets constructed almost overnight 10/08 to rescue TBTF, reward TBTF malfeasance and defend TBTF against all threats, including threats from TBTF against TBTF. Unlike social security, medicare, medicaid, … the socialist safety net supporting TBTF is unconditional, indefinite and infinite.

9. Calidony says:

Frilton Miedman, why should a group of private bankers (The Fed), determining the monetary policy for the US, not be considered a criminal act. Those powers were limited to the US Congress.

BR: Cause Congress delegated it . . .

10. danimal says:

BR: Cause Congress delegated it . . .

The real question is it legal to delegate it (I say no)? Can they then delegate spending bills to the executive? Can they delegate treaty ratufucation to me? Can then the executive delegate the command of the armed forces to congress? To the supreme court? Where does it stop?

11. socaljoe says:

There are two “solutions”… collapse or print.

Collapse is is unacceptable.

12. A7LB says:

“The real question is, it legal to delegate it (I say no)?

Can they then delegate spending bills to the executive?

Can they delegate treaty ratification to me?

Where does it stop?”

“Cause Congress delegated it . . . ”

Fascinating questions…are there any limits to delegation?