My early Sunday morning reads
• How Paul Ryan captured the G.O.P. (New Yorker)
• One One-Hundredth of a Second Faster: Building Better Olympic Athletes (Wired)
• The Man Who Saved AIG (Barron’s)
• Ian Fraser: Banking industry must rebuild from new foundations (The Herald Scotland) see also A Bipartisan Proposal for More Equity in Big Banks (Economix)
• The Business Model Underlying Solar Power (NYT Magazine)
• Obama Administration Needs to Tap, Not Stiff-Arm, Wall Street Whistleblowers (Rolling Stone) see also Clock Is Ticking on Crisis Charges (WSJ)
• The Federal Reserve’s Maturity Extension Program and Treasury debt management (Econbrowser)
• Education persists (Johan Fourie) see also Selling out public schools (Salon)
• Goldman Sachs Leads Split With Obama, As GE Jilts Him Too (Bloomberg)
• Why climate change doesn’t spark moral outrage, and how it could (Grist)
What are you commenting on?
The Charms of a Hated Rally
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.