My select morning reading material:
• Bodes poorly for EU Economy: Porsche, Daimler Indicate Europe’s Car Crisis Spreading (Bloomberg)
• Hulbert: Stocks’ future return: Just 5.6% annualized (Market Watch) see also Funds Leap Beyond Their Benchmarks (WSJ)
• The Allure of BABs in Bondland (Barron’s)
• If only: U.S. mortgage task force to act soon (Reuters) see also Canceled contracts dog real-estate recovery (Forbes)
• Norris: Circuit Court Needs to Let the S.E.C. Do Its Job (NYT)
• How to improve the quality of our decision making (Farnam Street)
• Behind the Scenes, Some Lawmakers Lobby to Change the Volcker Rule (DealBook) see also Regulators Try to Beat Clock in Rate Probe (WSJ)
• China’s shifting demographics and their impact (Sober Look)
• Ending Its Summer Melt, Arctic Sea Ice Sets a New Low That Leads to Warnings (NYT)
• Report: Google is working on a new iOS 6 Maps app (Gigaom)
What are you doing this weekend?
Gasoline (Inflation Adjusted)
Source: Chart of the Day
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.