My afternoon train reading:
• History Repeats Itself Because No One Was Listening The First Time (Alhambra Partners)
• Eisinger: Pruning Hedge Fund Regulation Without Cultivating Better Rules (NYT)
• Spain Set to Surrender Rank of 12th-Biggest Economy to Australia (Bloomberg)
• Why big banks are hazardous to US financial health (Economic Times) see also Why Are the Big Banks Suddenly Afraid? (Economix)
• Reinsurance: With Lax Regulation, a Risky Industry Flourishes Offshore (DealBook)
• The Templeton Effect (Chronicle)
• Management Secrets of the NFL (WSJ)
• I Made the Robot Do It (NYT)
• The Encyclopedia of Life: Animals that travel in schools, towers, bloats and more (TED)
• The Wall Street Summer Intern Diaries (NY Mag)
Whats upon your iPad?
A comparison of competitiveness and wealth
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.