My reads to start your week:
• Searching for a Speed Limit in High-Frequency Trading (NYT)
• The growing risk of shorting China stocks (FT Alphaville)
• Fed Stuck at Zero Into 2015 Seen in Swaps, QE Odds Reach 99% (Bloomberg) see also Bernanke Options to Boost Growth Include Open-Ended QE (Bloomberg)
• The Bailout: By The Actual Numbers (Pro Publica)
• Technology Stocks With Record Dividends Send Bearish Signal (Bloomberg)
• Bigger Than Countrywide? Bribes To Lawmakers Coordinated By The Mortgage Bankers Association (Republic Report)
• Good News from Europe? Eh. (Barron’s) see also Euro Crisis Faces Tests in German Court, Greek Infighting (Bloomberg)
• Wells Fargo Mistakenly Cleans Out Retired Couple’s Home Twice (Yahoo Finance)
• The GOP convention negative bounce: a final look (Princeton Election Consortium) see also Republicans Losing Election Law War as Campaign Ramps Up (Bloomberg)
• Call It as You See It: The correct approach to statistical modeling (NYT)
What are you reading?
Bad Timing on Buybacks
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.