My reads to start your week:
• Paul Volcker: on Greedy Bankers, the Ryan Plan, and the Fed (Daily Beast)
• Currency wars redux (FT Alphaville)
• Bernanke’s Battle for Jobs Eclipses Inflation Concerns (Bloomberg) see also Bernanke Buoys Big-Bank Stocks (WSJ)
• Pre-orders for Apple’s iPhone 5 sell out > hour; iPhone 4 sold out in 22 hours (CNN Money) see also Despite Innovation Slowdown Smartphone Advances Are Still Ahead (NYT)
• Why Short Sales Are So Challenging: A Condo Was Sold, Until It Wasn’t (NYT)
• SEC Keeps Wary Eye on Exchanges (WSJ)
• More disturbing signs of the death of the Rule of Law: In Prosecutors, Debt Collectors Find a Partner (NYT)
• Inside the campaign: How Mitt Romney stumbled (Politico) see also What Not Getting It Looks Like (The League)
• UCLA’s new transparent solar film could be game-changer (LA Times)
• ‘Saturday Night Live’ Season Opener Was Full Of Hilarious Surprises (The Stir)
What are you reading?
Earnings in United States Are Beginning to Feel a Pinch
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.