My FOMC day early morning reads:
• Fed Seen Starting QE3 While Extending Rate Pledge to 2015 (Bloomberg)
• Apple: First Impressions of a Sleeker, More Gorgeous iPhone (Barron’s) see also With iPhone 5, Apple Again Raises the Smartphone Bar (Businessweek)
• Freddie Mac in line for $3.4bn from banks (FT.com)
• Portugal, the poster child of austerity is lost (naked capitalism)
• Investors unfiltered: Common Manager pitfalls to avoid in meetings (Hedge World)
• Bubbles: Who to blame? (Library of Economics)
• Want to Blunt High-Frequency Trading? Australia Has a Plan (WSJ)
• Ending the Financial Arms Race (Project Syndicate)
• Men’s Earnings Haven’t Grown Since the 1970s—Why? (Atlantic) see also Rich-Poor Gap Widens to Most Since 1967 as Income Falls (Bloomberg)
• Libya Attack Brings Challenges for U.S. (NYT)
What are you reading?
What is the impact of the iPhone on the mobile market?
Category: Financial Press