My FOMC day early morning reads:
• Fed Seen Starting QE3 While Extending Rate Pledge to 2015 (Bloomberg)
• Apple: First Impressions of a Sleeker, More Gorgeous iPhone (Barron’s) see also With iPhone 5, Apple Again Raises the Smartphone Bar (Businessweek)
• Freddie Mac in line for $3.4bn from banks (FT.com)
• Portugal, the poster child of austerity is lost (naked capitalism)
• Investors unfiltered: Common Manager pitfalls to avoid in meetings (Hedge World)
• Bubbles: Who to blame? (Library of Economics)
• Want to Blunt High-Frequency Trading? Australia Has a Plan (WSJ)
• Ending the Financial Arms Race (Project Syndicate)
• Men’s Earnings Haven’t Grown Since the 1970s—Why? (Atlantic) see also Rich-Poor Gap Widens to Most Since 1967 as Income Falls (Bloomberg)
• Libya Attack Brings Challenges for U.S. (NYT)
What are you reading?
What is the impact of the iPhone on the mobile market?
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.