Welcome back to the Jungle. Throw a coconut, and enjoy some morning reads:
• Assessing Fannie’s Past and Future (WSJ)
• At Jackson Hole, a growing fear for Fed independence (Yahoo Finance) see also Fed Moves Toward Open-Ended Bond Purchases to Satisfy Bernanke (Bloomberg)
• Why not to expect recovery anytime soon (Economist)
• The High Cost of Europe’s North-South Divide (WSJ) see also Money Managers Seeking Stocks to Navigate the Euro-Zone Crisis (WSJ)
• Global House Price Watch (Parkash Loungani)
• Investors lack basic financial literacy, study finds (CS Monitor)
• Federal government push to collect on student loans amid bad economy fuels growth in filings (Palm Beach Post) see also Young and without a future (Washington Post)
• Verdict Shows Samsung Needs to Copy Apple Design Culture (Bloomberg)
• Does Inequality Stunt Economic Growth? (Toppling Inequality)
• A Watershed Moment for Real-Time Fact-Checking (American Journalism Review)
What are you reading?
Money Managers Seeking Stocks to Navigate the Euro-Zone Crisis
Category: Financial Press
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.